My daughter Meghann and I at Wild Man Triathlon,
Orlando, Florida March 15, 2014.
Meghann placed 3rd in her age group and placed 1st.
I began practicing chiropractic in 1988 and after a year of being an associate I started my own practice in 1989. Then in 2000 Solcare began by offering yoga and nia classes. I believe in educating people to stay healthy, and I walk my talk.
For exercise .... I competed in my first triathlon in 2005 because I needed a little more motivation to workout every day. I found if there is an event coming up I was more apt to sticking with a workout routine. That is how my triathlon career started.
I have been amazed by the benefits:
• Whole body engagement, not just certain muscles.
• Swimming and cycling are both non weight-bearing sports, reduced stress on my body while still giving me and excellent workout.
• Weight loss through high intensity cardio vascular training.
• Training for three sports rather than just one reduces my risk of injury.
• Having the focus of a event like a triathlon gives more purpose and motivation to training.
• Boosts general fitness and self confidence.
• Feel younger!
I also stay hooked on them because they are fun, I see measureable improvement, I love the mental challenges, and I’m still looking for that perfect race!
USAT Level 1 Coach 2012- 2018
94 races and counting
15 1st place finishes
71 top 10 finshes
The bottom line is that this process is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do in your life, not just physically, but mentally, spiritually and socially as well.
Why is it important to have qualified coaches?
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your form & technique
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training scheudle, in the event of injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smaret, safe & effective manner